BOWIE, Md. – January 7, 2014 – Inovalon, Inc., a leading provider of data-driven healthcare solutions, today published the names of organizations that benefitted from its charitable contributions in 2013, which include both local and national charities within the medical, environmental, arts, and humanitarian communities.
Since its origins in 1998, Inovalon has been committed to Corporate Philanthropy programs and takes great pride in its support of programs that focus on the development of youth and the arts, the provision of shelter and care for those in need. Inovalon continued this initiative in 2013 with the support of 18 worthy causes throughout the year.
“Corporate responsibility is at the heart of Inovalon’s culture and we believe that we have a responsibility to not only our customers, their members, our employees, and the greater healthcare community, but also our local communities,” said Keith Dunleavy, M.D., President and CEO of Inovalon. “To this end, we are pleased and honored to have the ability to again support a wide array of wonderful organizations which strive to serve the communities in which our team members live and raise their families.”
In 2013, Inovalon provided charitable giving through financial support to the following organizations:
- A Bigger Picture, Inc.: Providing young girls in the Washington, D.C. metro area with guidance to reach their personal goals through opportunities that build self-confidence, character and leadership skills.
- American Heart Association, Hartford & Midland Chapters: Building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
- Anne Arundel Medical Center Foundation: Providing healthcare for persons who are otherwise unable to afford the care that is most needed.
- Annapolis Wellness House: Providing a place of understanding and information gathering for the patients, children, and families of those afflicted by cancer in and around Anne Arundel County, Maryland.
- Azalea Charities: Supporting the special needs of U.S. soldiers who have been wounded in the wars of Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Bowie Health Center: Sponsorship in support of health screenings, consultation services and demonstrations for leading an active lifestyle.
- Box of Rain: A program designed to inspire and encourage Annapolis area youth, especially those from disadvantaged circumstances, to gain self-esteem and to develop life skills that lead to positive contributions to the community.
- Boy Scouts of America, Baltimore Area Council: Endeavors to develop American citizens who are physically, mentally, and emotionally fit; have a high degree of self-reliance, personal values based on religious concepts, the desire and skills to help others; understand our nation’s role in the world; have a keen respect for the basic rights of all people; and are prepared to participate in and give leadership to American society.
- Chinese Community Partnership for Health / New York-Presbyterian Hospital: Providing broadened access to healthcare through educational opportunities and services to the Chinese community.
- Creating Communities: Offering arts-based alternative education opportunities in Anne Arundel County, Maryland that provide arts instruction, mentoring, and experiential learning in order to increase workforce skills, artistic skills, life skills, academic competences and community service.
- Ele’s Place: A community-based organization with a mission to create awareness of and support for grieving children and their families in and around Lansing and Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Geisinger Health System Foundation: Supporting patient-focused programs at the Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, Pennsylvania.
- Girl Scouts of Central Maryland: Dedicated to helping girls everywhere build character and gain skills for success in the real world.
- Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts: Providing the Anne Arundel County community with creative experiences through quality arts education and culturally diverse programs in performing and visual arts.
- National MS Society, Maryland Chapter: Mobilizing people and resources to drive research for a cure and to address the challenges of everyone affected by MS.
- Team PHenomenal Hope: Empowering people affected by pulmonary hypertension using athletics as a platform to raise awareness about pulmonary hypertension and funding for research in the race to find a cure for this disease.
- Visiting Nurse Service of New York: Sponsorship that provides support for a myriad of health, educational, research and community initiatives that bring relief and hope to New York’s underserved and vulnerable populations.
- YWCA of Annapolis: Dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
About Inovalon, Inc
Inovalon is a healthcare technology company that combines advanced data analytics with highly targeted interventions to achieve meaningful impact in clinical and quality outcomes, utilization and financial performance across the healthcare landscape. Inovalon’s unique achievement of value is delivered through the effective progression of Turning Data into Insight, and Insight into Action®. Large proprietary datasets, advanced integration technologies, sophisticated predictive analytics, deep subject matter expertise and nationwide in-community personnel deliver a seamless, end-to-end platform of technology and operations that bring the benefits of big data and large scale analytics to the point of care. Driven by data, Inovalon uniquely identifies gaps in care, quality, data integrity, and financial performance – while also bringing to bear the unique capabilities to resolve them. Touching more than 540,000 physicians, 220,000 clinical facilities, and more than 140 million Americans, this differentiating combination provides a powerful solution suite that drives high-value impact, improving quality and economics for health plans, ACOs, hospitals, physicians, patients, and researchers. Please visit www.inovalon.com for more information.
Kim E. Collins
4321 Collington Road
Bowie, Maryland 20716
Phone: 301-809-4000 x1473
Feinstein Kean Healthcare, on behalf of Inovalon, Inc.