Users may visit www.inovalon.com without revealing any personal information. However, should you choose to provide Inovalon with personal information via this website, it may be necessary to provide your information to our agents and representatives to respond to user inquiries, or as otherwise deemed appropriate. Data maintained by Inovalon will be stored and processed in the United States.
The Inovalon website may contain links to other websites over which Inovalon has no control. Inovalon is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites you choose to access through such links or otherwise, and Inovalon encourages you to review the privacy policies of those other Web sites to understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Inovalon employs privacy and security standards related to the protection of information exchanged, maintained and transmitted through its network and through the use of its products and services. As such, Inovalon has established rigorous safeguards and controls in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements to support its internal operations.
Collection and Use of Information by Inovalon
Inovalon may gather certain information about your use of our website, such as what areas you visit and what services you access. Moreover, there is information about your computer hardware and software that is, or may be, collected by Inovalon. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses, but is not linked to your personal information. Inovalon utilizes this information to better understand our customer’s product and service needs.
Inovalon’s website may deposit a small file called a “cookie” on a user’s computer hard drive to personalize their experience or track aggregate site visitation statistics. Visitors may choose to use technologies to block such cookies, but in such instances cases they may not have access to the full functionality of the website.
Inovalon uses the information gathered on Inovalon’s website, whether personal, demographic, collective or technical, for the purpose of operating and improving the site, fostering a positive user experience, and delivering Inovalon’s products and services. With your consent, Inovalon may also use the information gathered to inform you of other products or services available from Inovalon or Inovalon’s affiliated companies. Inovalon will always treat such information confidentially and in accordance with applicable laws.
Inovalon maintains appropriate physical, electronic and administrative security standards and procedures to safeguard its data and systems. Inovalon’s security professionals periodically monitor and test Inovalon’s web interface and implement technology updates in an effort to block unauthorized intrusion. Moreover, all employees are trained in Inovalon’s privacy and security policies and are required to comply with them as a condition of employment. Employees are permitted to access and use only that personal and proprietary information necessary to perform their duties.
We have made information security and data privacy foundational principles of our business operations and recognize the importance of ensuring such for citizens of the European Union. We are further committed to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance in the event of any relevant activities.
No Information From Children
Our Services are designed for adults, not children. As such, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16, and our Services are not designed for such information. We specifically do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
Disclosures for California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (“CPRA”) provide California residents (or “Consumers”) with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This California Consumer Privacy Statement (“CCPS”) sets forth our privacy practices as required by the CPRA and CPRA (hereafter, collectively the “CCPA”) as to information we collect from users of our website. This section describes California residents’ CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights. This CCPS is effective as of August 1, 2020 (“Effective Date”), and remains subject to updating as required or as we deem appropriate.
- Notice Of Collection And Use Of Personal Information
If you use our website, or if you are an employee of Inovalon or a subsidiary, or if we collect your personal information as part of our ongoing business to business outreach efforts, we may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers: We may collect identifiers such as your name, address, telephone number, social security number, email or IP address, and other similar identifiers.
- Sensitive Personal Information (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80): We collect “sensitive personal information,” such as signature, insurance policy number, education, bank account number and other financial information, medical information, and and health insurance information, from our employees and job applicants for Human Resources-related purposes, including the provision of an employee-sponsored health plan. We do not collect such information from users of our website or from employees of our ongoing or prospective business partners.
- Protected Classifications: We do not collect any protected classifications, such as race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, medical history, ancestry, genetic information, disability, citizenship status, or military and veteran status, from users of our website.
- Commercial Information: We may collect commercial information, including information related to the employer on whose behalf you are using our website, or the potential Inovalon Services you inquire about.
- Purchase Information: We may collect information on whether your use of our website led to the purchase by you or your employer of any of our Services, and if so, which services.
- Online Activity: We may collect website activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our website.
- Geolocation Data: We do not collect information about where the device from which you provide information is located.
- Sensory Information: We do not collect audio, electronic, visual, and similar information through our website.
- Biometric Information: We do not collect biometric information through our website.
- Employment Information: If you use our website or if you are an employee of a vendor, we may collect information about your employer, your job description and/or duties, or other information that would help us educate you on Inovalon’s services or to receive services from your employer. If you are an employee of Inovalon, we may collect.
- Inferences: We may draw inferences from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you to help us identify Inovalon services likely to be of service to you or your employer.
- Notice Of Collection And Use Of Personal Information
We may use the categories of personal information listed above for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. In addition, we may use these categories of personal information for certain business purposes specified in the CCPA, as described in this table, regardless of whether you are a California resident:
|Purposes||Categories of Personal Information|
|Responding to your queries or other outreach, including customer service||Identifiers; Commercial Information; Online Activity; and Inferences|
|Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions||Identifiers; Commercial Information; Online Activity; and Inferences|
|Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity||Identifiers; Commercial Information; Online Activity; and Inferences|
|Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality||Identifiers; Commercial Information; Online Activity; and Inferences|
|Undertaking internal research for technological or other website or product development and demonstration||Identifiers; Commercial Information; Online Activity; and Inferences|
|Hiring, payroll and other Human Resources-related functions||Identifiers; Commercial Information; Sensitive Personal Information Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80; Online Activity; and Inferences|
|Business-to-business outreach||Identifiers; Commercial Information; Online Activity; and Inferences|
- No Prior Collection, Use Or Disclosure Of Personal Information
No Personal Information was collected, shared, sold or disclosed for a business purpose prior to the Effective Date.
- No Sale Of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information. Period. We also do not share your personal information with third parties for cross-context advertising. As such, we do not post a link for you to opt out of such sale or sharing: you do not need to opt out because we simply do not sell or share your personal information.
- Disclosure Of Personal Information For A Business Purpose
If you use our website or are a business-to-business outreach candidate, we may disclose all the categories of personal information about you described in Section 1 above to a third party for purposes of responding to your outreach, documenting our response, and improving our services and outreach response practices. If you are an employee or job applicant, we may use the information for all relevant Human Resource-related functions.
- Past 12 Months’ Activity
In the past 12 months, we have used personal information collected through our website or otherwise to respond to user outreach or to initiate or respond to customer outreach or to outreach to potential customers, or to provide Human Resources-related services for our employees and job-applicants. We have not sold any such personal information. We may have provided some such personal information to a third-party service provider that we utilize to store such website contact information information and assist with our outreach, response and Human Resource-related efforts.
- Retention Periods
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
- Privacy Choices
If you are a California resident, you have certain choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information, as described below:
- Access: The right to request, twice in a 12-month period, to have us disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you during the past 12 months.
- Correction: The right to request that we make commercially-reasonable efforts to correct information about you that is inaccurate.
- Deletion: The right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you. Your request to delete your personal information may be denied if it is necessary for us to retain your information under one or more of the exceptions listed in the CCPA.
- Opt-Out of Automated Decision-Making: The right to request access to and information about how automated decision technologies work and what their likely outcomes are, and to opt out of the use of automate decision making technology, including profiling. However, we do not utilize automated decision-making technologies, so you have no need to affirmatively opt out.
- Opt-Out of Sale: The right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information. However, we do not sell your personal information, so you have no need to affirmatively opt out.
- Opt-In if Under 16: The personal information of California residents who are 16 years old or younger may not be sold without that minor’s prior authorization. If the minor is less than 13 years old, their personal information may not be sold without “opt-in” authorization from a parent or guardian. As noted, however, we never sell your personal information.
- Shine the Light Request: California residents have the right to request that we provide you with: (1) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (2) the identity of those third parties.
How to Submit a Request or Opt-Out/In (California Residents)
For a California resident to submit a request, or to opt-out/into of the sale or sharing of your personal information, email us at Privacy@inovalon.com. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request. If you request access to or deletion of your personal information, we may require you to provide certain information to help us identify you. In addition, if you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we will require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request. If you designate an authorized agent to make an access, deletion or opt-out of sale request on your behalf (1) we may require you to provide the authorized agent written permission to do so, and (2) for access and deletion requests, we may require you to verify your own identity directly with us (as described above).
The CCPA prohibits discrimination against a consumer because the consumer exercised any of the consumer’s rights under the CCPA. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request. This Statement is available in alternative formats upon request. To request this Statement in an alternative format, email us at Privacy@inovalon.com.
Only you, or a person that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your personal information. In the case of access and deletion, your request must be verifiable before we can fulfill such request. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. Under normal circumstances, we will provide you with requested information in a readily usable format, within forty-five (45) days of verifying your request. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
- No Prior Collection, Use Or Disclosure Of Personal Information
If you have any questions about this policy, the practices of Inovalon, or your dealings with this site, please contact Inovalon at the below address:
4321 Collington Road
Bowie, Maryland 20716