BOWIE, Md. – January 4, 2021 – Inovalon (Nasdaq: INOV), a leading provider of cloud-based platforms empowering data-driven healthcare, today announced the names of local and national charitable organizations the Company supported in 2020.
Inovalon has a long track record of supporting many worthy community programs through financial support and employee volunteer hours. In 2020, a year of many challenges for individuals, communities, and organizations across the country, Inovalon again demonstrated unwavering dedication to dozens of programs that focus on youth and educational development, healthcare research and accessibility, and the provision of shelter and care for those in need.
“Social responsibility is a pillar of our company culture that has been dutifully upheld by the commitment and compassion of our employees year after year,” said Eric Sullivan, senior vice president, product innovation & data management, and chairman of Inovalon’s charitable giving committee. “2020 was especially difficult for so many and we are proud to support those organizations who are spearheading meaningful change in our communities, empowering positive impact for millions of Americans across the nation.”
Inovalon contributed direct funding and thousands of employee volunteer hours to the following charities in 2020:
- A Bigger Picture, Inc.: Provides young girls in the Washington, D.C., metro area with guidance to reach their personal goals through opportunities that build self-confidence, character and leadership skills.
- American Diabetes Association (ADA) Tour de Cure: Fundraising campaign to support the ADA’s mission to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by the disease.
- Anne Arundel Medical Center Foundation: Provides healthcare for persons in the Anne Arundel County community who are otherwise unable to afford the necessary care.
- Blessings in a Backpack: Provides weekend food security for at-risk youth in the Grand Ledge, Michigan area.
- Boy Scouts of America: Prepares young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling values through its STEM initiative.
- Bread for the City: Provides Washington, D.C., residents with supplies and comprehensive services, including food, clothing, medical care and legal and social services.
- Creating Communities: Offers arts-based, alternative education opportunities providing arts instruction, mentoring and experiential learning to increase workforce skills, artistic skills, life skills, academic competences and community service.
- Ele’s Place: Supports grieving children, teens and their families after the death of a parent, sibling or other significant person in their lives.
- Equal Justice Initiative: Committed to challenging racial injustice, ending mass incarceration, and protecting the human rights of the most vulnerable in American society.
- HealthyWomen: On a mission to educate women ages 35 to 64 to make informed health choices.
- House of Ruth: Helps women, children and families in greatest need and with very limited resources build safe, stable lives and achieve their highest potential.
- Kindness Grows Here: Dedicates efforts towards fostering kindness in children and spreading kindness throughout communities.
- The Light House: Provides food, shelter and life-changing programs that help clients reclaim hope and independence and rebuild their lives.
- Maryland Food Bank: Leading the movement to end hunger in Maryland.
- Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation: Supports children and their families throughout the cancer treatment journey to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental healthcare and enables children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives.
- Metropolitan Jewish Health System (MJHS) Foundation: Leads the charitable healthcare efforts of MJHS by raising the funds necessary to ensure the continuation of high-quality, compassionate programs MJHS provides to at-risk members of its community that are not fully covered by insurance.
- National Psoriasis Foundation: Works to find a cure for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and eliminate their devastating effects through research, advocacy, patient support and assistance and education.
- Rock Recovery: Dedicated to bridging gaps in the treatment and understanding of eating disorders and mental health challenges.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities: Provides a safe place for cancer patients being treated at local hospitals and their families.
Inovalon is a leading provider of cloud-based platforms empowering data-driven healthcare. Through the Inovalon ONE® Platform, Inovalon brings to the marketplace a national-scale capability to interconnect with the healthcare ecosystem, aggregate and analyze data in real time, and empower the application of resulting insights to drive meaningful impact at the point of care. Leveraging its Platform, unparalleled proprietary datasets, and industry-leading subject matter expertise, Inovalon enables better care, efficiency, and financial performance across the healthcare ecosystem. From health plans and provider organizations, to pharmaceutical, medical device, and diagnostics companies, Inovalon’s unique achievement of value is delivered through the effective progression of “Turning Data into Insight, and Insight into Action®.” Supporting thousands of clients, including 24 of the top 25 U.S. health plans, 22 of the top 25 global pharma companies, 19 of the top 25 U.S. healthcare provider systems, and many of the leading pharmacy organizations, device manufacturers, and other healthcare industry constituents, Inovalon’s technology platforms and analytics are informed by data pertaining to more than one million physicians, 565,000 clinical facilities, 324 million Americans, and 58 billion medical events. For more information, visit www.inovalon.com.
Kim E. Collins
Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications
Download this press release in PDF.